Risk Management and Infection Control guidelines
At Retuning ME/Kinesiology4u, we are committed to your Wellness and ours too. Please read and follow the information provided on this page. Should you have any questions please email or text Nuala @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 0035386 3594177
Prior to Appointment:
- All clients considered vulnerable will be accommodated early in the day (if this is suitable)
Some Information about your visit.
- All visits/sessions will still be 60 minutes long, but not all of that 60 minutes will be in the Clinic:
- 10 minutes will be given to your pre-session telephone call to confirm you do not have any symptoms of COVID 19 and to enquire your reason for attending.
- 40 minutes will be face to face in the clinic.
- 10 minutes will be used by the therapist to write up your ‘homework’ after the session and email this to you.
- If this is your first visit, the pre-session call will last longer as there is more information to be discussed.
- The total time of this first session will be 90 minutes in total and will incur a greater charge.
- If you are bringing your child for a session, please ensure they are aware of these guidelines and provide them with a mask where appropriate.
- It is no longer viable to bring multiple children into the Clinic. Only children who are being tested can attend with an adult.
- Due to COVID 19 restrictions, it is no longer possible to bring your belongings into the treatment room.
- Please, where possible, leave all belongings at home or in your car – bag, scarf, hat… Coats can be placed on the back of the chair.
- You may also bring any nutrition you are currently taking for testing in a paper bag. You can place this on the chair so the therapist can have easy access to it during the session.
- Please bring your own WATER to the session for drinking during the session.
- Pre-session Call:
- The first 10 minutes of the session will be held via phone call.
- This call will happen 2/3 days in advance of the session.
- During this call, the client will be asked their reason for appointment and confirm they do not have any of the COVID 19 symptoms as stated by HSE.
- The client will also be asked to confirm that they have not been in contact with anyone who has had symptoms of COVID 19 or been diagnosed with COVID 19 in the last 14 days.
- This conversation will be recorded in clients notes.
- There is a standard once-off permissions and acceptance of policies and procedures form that you will fill in prior to attending.
- The morning of your visit to the Clinic you will receive a text asking if any answers to your questions during the call have changed and you will be asked if your temperature is normal.
- If you or unsure of your temperature, or the therapist feels the need, they will take your temperature prior to beginning treatment.
Clients are asked to:
- Wear freshly washed clothing including socks, full-length trousers and full-length top to wrists to avoid skin to skin contact during the session.
- If you have long hair, please wear it in a high ponytail or clasp.
- You will need to wear a mask. This WILL NOT be provided – please wear your own mask for the appointment – if you forget, if available a disposable mask can be purchased at the Clinic. You can be turned away from your session (at full cost if you arrive without a mask).
- Please go to the bathroom before travelling to your appointment - to avoid using the bathroom in the clinic if possible
- (Bathroom is available to clients who need to use it and will be cleaned before and after visits).
- Where possible you can prepay through invoice or bank transfer, but you can also bring fee in a sealed envelope or pay by card on the day.
- Please remain in your car or outdoors until you are text to come in.
- If you are attending with your child, please ensure that they also know these guidelines.
- On entrance to Clinic, you will be asked to confirm you have NO symptoms of COVID 19 (temperature will be taken if there is doubt).
- You will be asked to leave your shoes at the door if appropriate.
- If you have worn gloves to the clinic you will be asked to dispose of these prior to having your session.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands on arrival – you can bring your own sanitizer or use one provided.
- The Practitioner will also use hand sanitizer and will wear gloves if requested by the client to do so.
- Please try not to touch anything on arrival into the clinic room.
During Your Appointment:
- The practitioner to be wearing a face mask at all times. (gloves will be worn if considered necessary, but otherwise, hand sanitizing will suffice)
- If the therapist feels it is necessary, they will take your temperature using an infra-red thermometer.
- You will also be asked to wear a face mask unless it is dangerous to do so.
- During Kinesiology sessions the supplements and glass vials used will be placed in a glass jar on your clothes. This is to avoid the possibility of cross-contamination of equipment.
- All other retuning tools such as tuning forks, sprays, Bach Flowers, chakra glasses used will be cleaned after your session.
- Should points on the face or head need to be touched or rubbed, you will be asked to do this yourself, where possible.
- Please bin your mask carefully at home after the session.
- Post-session “Homework” will be sent by email instead of written on paper during the session – this is to allow for 15 minutes airing of room between clients before sanitizing.
- The Therapist will open all doors as you leave.
Clinic Procedures you might like to know about:
- Massage table/plinth will have been cleaned with alcohol wipes or sanitizing spray prior to and after your visit.
- Doors/Door handles into the clinic will have been sanitized prior to arrival.
- All non-essential items that could hold onto pathogens will have been removed from Clinic Room.
- Clinic room will be cleaned after every client and before the first client in the morning.
- Client and practitioner to wear a face mask (except when it would be dangerous to do so)