Having fallen ill to a 'mystery virus', that doctors and consultants had no solution for and been assessed as having Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Nuala decided to search for help from Complementary Therapy. She was looking for something or someone who could offer her the possibility of returning to health again.
What she discovered on her journey, changed the way she looked at health and wellness forever. Being healthy doesn't mean that we are well. Health is now defined by the modern medical world. When Nuala was flat on her back, seeking health, the world of modern medicine had no answers other than to rest, eat, sleep, walk and wait on the mystery post-viral illness to pass. She was also told that this could take months or years.
What Nuala didn't realize at that time, was that by entering the world of complementary healing, she was stepping up and taking control of her own wellness. When we are truly well, we are reaching our greatest potential in all aspects of our life and not just our physical health.
One of the therapies that Nuala tried was Kinesiology. In the beginning, her body was too weak to sustain the lightest of muscle testing, one of the techniques used in Kinesiology. You can imagine her relief when the Kinesiologist had such a toolbox of energy balancing techniques that catered for her debilitating muscle fatigue. Healing came slowly and relied heavily on Nuala keeping her part of the bargain - she had nutrition to take, foods to avoid as well as gentle and effective exercises for mind and body. Nuala would now say that 10% of the work was done at the session and the other 90% was over to the homework given between sessions.
A Glimpse of Life Before Kinesiology
This mystery virus had left Nuala that she couldn't function normally. She had aches and pains all over her body, She couldn't sleep, had a poor appetite, no interest in life, and no energy for life. Getting up in the morning was the highlight of her day, followed by the rest of the day in bed because she could not find a position to sit in that relieved the aches in her body. Exercise drained her. It was like she had flu symptoms all the time, but no flu! Today there are many titles put on this condition; ME, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue.
Through muscle testing the therapist was able to tell her the exact nutritional support she needed to help her gain energy. Nuala also discovered that she had an intolerance to some foods. Making the informed decision to avoid these foods has really contributed to a return to health and indeed maintain optimal health. There were also emotional stresses and childhood traumas that were unresolved. Kinesiology along with psychotherapy, Yoga, and Tapping (Emotional Freedom Techniques) played a key role in enabling Nuala to bring long term healing at an unconscious and subconscious level. Kinesiology worked and works so well for Nuala to this day. That is why she decided to train as a Kinesiologist. She knows that it works and wants others to have this opportunity for healing and balance too.