What 1 thing will you do for your wellness? Your first reaction to this question will tell you a lot about your state of wellness and how stressed you are.
Stress Reactions Speak
If you had a reaction of: ‘I’m too busy to be answering that question’. Or you had a, ‘leave me alone, sure what would you know about my life?’ reaction, then you probably do need to do something about your wellness.
I’m Too Busy
When you are too busy, you are going to be too stressed. You are already in that stress response state, putting out fires for others, meeting deadlines, making meals for family, minding grandchildren, and lots more besides.
Stress prevents wellness.
So many people in our country and world have just realised how stressed they are. They would have said, I’m not stressed, I’m just busy. Then, along came a virus and they were not able to deal with it because they were ‘too busy’ or ‘stressed’.
Stress Lowers The Immune System
When you trigger a stress response you lower your immune system and can’t digest your food properly. You also trigger old negative thought patterns which then keep you in that stressed state.
Promote Wellness Habits
You can turn this all around. The first step is to begin to do things each day that ease your stress levels and so promote wellness.
Begin With Thoughts
Being an experienced Energy Coach, I have to bring up the thoughts you are thinking. When you can ‘retune’ those thoughts, you will begin to turn down that automatic stress triggering system. Make a choice today to create a positive ‘I truly am..’ script for yourself. Then put this script in places that you tend to find your eye looking, like a mirror in the bathroom, or door handle in the kitchen. Perhaps in your lunch box or handbag, or even on your phone. The more you can think this phrase, the more you can get your thinking patterns to start changing.
Other Wellness Habits
- You could decide to go for a walk and think only positive things that you are grateful for on that walk.
- You could ‘Take 5’ minutes to sit with your hands on your solar plexus area and breathe – thinking an ‘I truly…’ phrase while you are breathing.
- You could decide to drink more water and think grateful thoughts while you are doing this.
- You could have a worry book where you write down all the things that worry you and then close the book and trust them to the universe.
- You could take a shower after work that helps you to wash the energy of work away, so you are more able to focus on what is important to you.
- You could spend some time relaxing before bed – reading is better than screen time!
Bottom line – you hold the key for retuning your energy to a frequency of wellness. Simple daily actions can begin this journey. Begin with just 1 thing that you can choose to do for your wellness and get doing it. Then when that has become a habit, choose something else to do..
Daily Wellness Habits
I have a programme that helps you to get into 5 daily habits for reducing stress and boosting wellness. You can read more about it here.